Whats the role?
We are looking for a qualified HGV Class 1 driver for full time position as 44t Bulk Tipper/Walking floor driver. The role will include some nights out and alternate Saturday morning availability.
Each driver is allocated his own vehicle and trailer.
What will I be responsible for?
Completing a daily walk around check of your vehicle, reporting defects and keeping both the exterior and internal trailer body clean and smart.
Adhering to industry standards. To include FORS, MPQC (EPIC), TASCC, and NOPS. – Training will be given.
Safe and timely delivery of our customer’s products across various locations.
Completion of collection and delivery paperwork including customer signature.
Attending company provided in house CPC training.
What type of person do I need to be?
You will need a full UK C + E Driving License.
Have good customer skills and be a good communicator.
Ability to find new address, to follow directions and to read maps. Knowledge of Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Lancashire road networks an advantage.
Reliable and enthusiastic behaviour.
Alfred Hymas Ltd is an award-winning haulier, now located in a purpose-built site and workshop on Great North Road, Sinderby, Thirsk.
Due to the continued growth of our bulk tipping and walking floor fleet we are looking for a candidate with experience of maintaining Heavy Goods Vehicles and Trailers.
HGV Technician Responsibilities
• Excellent shift pattern
• Competitive salary dependant on experience.
• To work safely and keep others safe in accordance with safety standards.
• Inspection of in-house HGV Units and Trailers, including Walking Floor and Tipping Trailers.
• To carry out repairs to vehicles identified at inspection or reported by drivers from their daily defect report.
• To attend and carry out roadside repairs and punctures.
• To complete inspection and defect rectification paperwork as required.
Key RequirementsKey tasks
• To carry out periodical inspections and complete the required paperwork.
• To rectify vehicle defects.
• To attend off site repairs to vehicles.
• Complete Minor accident repairs
• Repairs to trailer Sheeting Systems
• Ensure safety technology is working correctly (Cameras, Inclinometers)
• To work safely and ensure the safety of others.
• Vehicles maintained to a high standard 100% MOT first time pass rate.
• Vehicle downtime minimised.
• Vehicles to be smart and tidy in appearance.
• You will be responsible for all equipment used in the workshop.
• Maintenance of own fleet – Unit and Trailers
• Favourable three-week shift pattern:
Weeks 1 & 2 – 07:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday plus Saturday mornings
Week 3 – 10:00 to 19:00, Monday to Friday
• Overtime available
• Work as part of a dedicated team
• Roadside repairs (REACT training given)
• Salary negotiable dependant on experience
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01765 679054
Alfred Hymas Ltd is one of the largest family-owned bulk haulier in North-Yorkshire.
Alfred Hymas Ltd continues to expand steadily whilst maintaining its excellent reputation. New opportunities for HGV drivers (class 1 and class 2) regularly arise and therefore application are always welcome. Please contact the AHL Transport Office on 01765 677761 or complete our contact form.